With search engine marketing, our primary focus is getting searchers off the search engine and onto your website. You spend a lot of money to get visitors on your website. Whether it be through search engine optimization efforts, pay per click marketing, banner ads or direct mail, acquiring visitors costs money one way or another. Once the visitor is on your website, inbound marketing works to establish a relationship with the website visitor.
Successful inbound marketing is about making sure that you don’t forfeit your visitors. One important inbound marketing element is to ensure that you have a site that is optimized to turn leads into deals and engage your visitors once they “land” on your website. But say that lead doesn’t turn into deal, they were just browsing, checking you out, don’t let them get away without capturing some type of information from them for future contact.
Here are some great ideas to help you collect information from visitors before they leave:
- Offer a free e-book in exchange for signing up for your company’s newsletter. Writing e-books seem overwhelming? We can help. Bluegrass creative has a team of writers that specialize in creating quality content.
- Do you have an Email newsletter? Email newsletters are a great way to remind customers about your products and services and stay on “top of mind”. Along with direct mail, bluegrass creative can help you establish a regular e-mail newsletter program.
- Offer up content in exchange for a “share” or a “like”. If you have some great content that you feel has value, have your visitor give you a like on a social media site of their choice in exchange for reading the special content on a page or post.
- Offer a physical sample pack of your product mailed out in exchange for the users information. This type a strategy works especially well for companies offering small products. Bluegrass Mailing can take care of doing all of the work and storage with our Fulfillment Kit Making services.
- Offer something else for free in exchange for your visitors information.
- Make sure you have an RSS feed on your site so users can read your blog on whatever reader they use.
- Offer a sign-up on your blog so that the user will be e-mailed every time there’s a new post.
- Offer webinars or online video classes. These are fantastic gateways to having users sign up for future editions. Bluegrass creative can help you create videos that explain what you do and help educate your visitors.
- Create a worthy blog that keeps visitors coming back. This is no easy task and it does take time to build an audience. In the long run a blog can really pay off when visitors think of you first while associating your product or service. If you have a hard time figuring out what to write or even sticking with writing blog posts on a regular basis, then you’ve come to the right place bluegrass creative can help you write blog posts and schedule them post on a certain day of the week.
These inbound marketing ideas are just scratching the surface. Bluegrass creative specializes in inbound marketing and can help your company develop a plan to capture visitor data for future marketing efforts.